Information is collected lawfully and in accordance with the GDPR and we will do our best to ensure that your details are accurate and up-to-date.
By using these Services, you agree to the terms and conditions of this Privacy Statement.
- When you visit or stay as a guest at one of our properties, or through other offline interactions.
Through your communications with us and when you stay as a guest at one of our properties (collectively, including the Websites and our Social Media Pages, the "Online Services," and together with offline channels, the "Services").
Below you will find how we collect, use and disclose your information: –
DATA PROTECTION PRINCIPLES
We will comply with data protection law, which, means that the personal information we hold about you must be:
- Used lawfully, fairly and in a transparent way.
- Collected only for valid purposes that we have clearly explained to you and not used in any way that is incompatible with those purposes.
- Relevant to the purposes we have told you about and limited only to those purposes.
- Accurate and kept up to date.
- Kept only as long as necessary for the purposes we have told you about.
- Kept securely.
PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Throughout your guest journey, via your interactions with our Online Services, via Offline interactions and Property visits, we collect the following personal information:
- Contact information (such as name, email address, postal address, business title, phone number and passport details where required by law).
- Payment information (including payment card numbers, billing address, and bank account information).
- Demographic data (such as age, gender, nationality, and preferred language).
- Information related to your reservation
- Information about goods and services purchased, special requests and service preferences.
- Important dates, such as birthdays, anniversaries and special occasions.
- Information on your use of our loyalty program, including how you earn and redeem points.
- Emails and faxes received, telephone numbers dialled, receipt of telephone messages when connected to the telephone services we provide guests during their stay.
- Employer or other relevant details if you are an employee of a corporate account, a vendor or other type of business partner (e.g., travel agent or meeting and event planner).
- Additional contact information about you that we may obtain through third parties with whom we do business (e.g. travel agents or similar providers).
- Profile picture.
- Social media account ID or user ID.
- We collect information you submit online or post.For example, we collect feedback about our hotels and services that you submit online or directly to us. We also collect information if you apply for a job.
- Information collected through the use of closed circuit television systems and other security systems.
- Information related to your use and interaction with our site.
- We may also automatically collect some limited technical information including information on your IP address, browser type and version, time zone setting, operating system and platform and page interaction information.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We use your personal information to provide you with the best experiences for the purposes set out below in connection with the services we provide as otherwise disclosed or permitted by law: –
- To facilitate reservations, take payment and provide the services you request.
- Send you emails that relate to your stay such as confirmation, pre and post-stay correspondence, or to ask you to participate in a customer survey.
- To respond to your customer-service inquiries or requests.
- To personalise your experience with us and inform you of services that may be of interest.
- To improve our website and services.
- To confirm, update and improve our customer records.
- For Marketing purposes (via letter, telephone or email) to inform you of services that may be of interest to you such as; our local area, new services and special offers. We might also use your information to serve you ads about our hotels. Your personal information will not be disclosed to any third party for marketing purposes. Please note, you can opt out of receiving marketing emails by following the un-subscribe instructions in the correspondences we send you.
- For our business purposes, such as anonymized data analysis, security and fraud monitoring and prevention (including through the use of closed circuit television, card keys, and other security systems), improving or modifying our services, identifying usage trends, and determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns.
In some instances, we will request that you provide Personal Information or Other Information to us directly. If you do not provide the information that we request, or prohibit us from collecting such information, we may not be able to provide the requested Services
HOW WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
We work closely with a number of trusted partners with whom we need to share Personal Information to help us provide you with the highest level of service and to do so, we share Personal Information and Other Information with the following:
- We will share your information within the Group unless legally prohibited. For example, we will share your information to facilitate reservations or to customize offers to your preference. After your stay we retain your Personal Information including details of your stay, preferences, room/accommodation type and amenities used.
- We will share your information with data processors (Third-Party service providers) that perform services on our behalf (as contracted at any point in time) who provide services such as website hosting, data analysis, Property Management System, payment processing, health and safety online monitoring, information technology and related infrastructure provision, customer service, email delivery, auditing, marketing and other services.
- We will share your information with law enforcement or governmental organisations where we are required to make such disclosures by any applicable law.
- To the representative or travel advisor that has supplied us with your personal information (for example, your travel agent, personal assistant, employer or spouse who has provided us with your details);
- To Bank and payment providers, to authorise and complete payments.
- Through Social Media: When you chose to post information about our businesses on message boards, chat, profile pages and blogs and other services to which you are able to post information and materials (including, without limitation, our Social Media Pages such as Facebook or Instagram) any such information you post or disclose through these services will become public and may be available to other users and the general public. We urge you to be very careful when deciding to disclose any information on the Online Services.
- To any third parties to the extent necessary with respect to a sale of all or part of our business operations or assets.
PERSONAL INFORMATION FROM CHILDREN
HOW SECURE IS YOUR INFORMATION
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not 100% secure and we encourage you to use caution when using the internet. However, by making purchases via our online booking engine, you are protected by Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology, utilised by most popular browsers, including Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer. This ensures, through encryption, the personal information you enter, such as credit-card information is converted into code before being dispatched over the Internet.
HOW LONG WE WILL RETAIN YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
YOUR RIGHTS AND ACCESSING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
When it comes to how we use your personal information, we want to ensure you have the information to make the choices that are right for you.
You are entitled to the following rights:
- Right of access to the personal information we hold about you
- Right of rectification, right to erasure, right to restrict data processing
- Right to object against your personal information we hold about you
- Right to data portability
You can also request to transfer your Personal Information to a third-party subject to the right to data portability is provided to you by law
To receive a copy of the information we hold on you, please send a description of the information you would like to see, together with proof of your identity to firstname.lastname@example.org.
When requesting any of the above, please make clear what Personal Information you would like to have changed, whether you would like to have your Personal Information suppressed from our database, or other limitations you would like to put on our use of your Personal Information. For your protection, we may only implement requests with respect to the Personal Information associated with the particular email address that you use to send us your request, and we may need to verify your identity before implementing your request.
If you have any questions or are concerned that any of the information we hold about you is incorrect, out of date or may be used inappropriately, please contact our Data Protection Officer at the below address or at email@example.com with your concerns and we will respond to your request and/or take the appropriate steps to amend our records.
Data Protection Officer
36 Upper Brook Street
If you have a complaint about our use of your information, you can contact the Information Commissioner's Office via their website at www.ico.org.uk/concerns or write to them at:
Information Commissioner's Office
Cheshire SK9 5AF
Cookies are small amounts of information that are sent to and are stored on your computer. We use them to identify you when you visit the websites, and to make your use of the websites more convenient for you. If you do not wish to have Cookies placed on your computer, you can disable Cookies on your Internet browser. Please see our Cookies policy for further details.
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
Updated: 22nd May 2018
© 2018 Simpsons Tavern Ltd. All rights reserved.